PLEASE DON'T LET THIS CHASE BE LIKE THE NEXT!!! STRING OF GARBAGE!!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

7-16-07
Mason City to Waterloo, IA,. Baseball to Golfball size hail.
I knew this day had the chance to produce large hail so I had to go for it. Started my day at the pet store in Mason City waiting for the cap to break. I thought it was going to be the longest drive ever to get the dog a toy.. But playing the waiting game paid off.
Just as I thought about packing up and heading back I witnessed a cell just east of Mason City explode!! I was so amazed by the growth of the storm that I forgot to take pics... Damn it. I followed thae same storm all the way to waterloo. This storm was a monster and I assumed that it had the possibility to tornado. As a followed it in amazement, not taking any pictures, I could see the hail core and hear the hail raoaring. It was amazing.. This is one of the many reasons why I chase storms, the roar of hail is truly something else.
Hail reports were coming in like crazy, so I decided to take a closer look, trees were shredded from the hail. I also took a hit from a large hail stone that actually shot out of the updraft..


No comments: