PLEASE DON'T LET THIS CHASE BE LIKE THE NEXT!!! STRING OF GARBAGE!!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

6-22-07
Cumming IA, to Norwalk, IA 2 Tornadoes, EF1, EF2. Boone County, IA Wall cloud.

This day turned out better than expected. I started my day thinking that I might see a lightning show or possibly a brief wall cloud. Based on the conditions I predicted a squall.
I started the day just south of Boone, IA. I happened to be on the best cell for the early part of the day. As soon as it popped, it went tornado warned. Spotters reported a wall cloud just west of my location. About 5 minutes later it came in to view, it looked to show a little rotation then went linear mode..
Not giving up on the day, I headed south to West Des Moines to the tail-end charlie. Again as soon as I got to it a bow echo formed right behind me. As I was sitting in a construction the sky was really gaining strenght and unfortunately speed. I exited at Cumming, IA, and continued East as fast as I could, while snapping pictures at the same time. I was not doing the chasing today, the tornado producing Bow echo was.. Found myself in the direct path of 2 tornadoes that intersected behind me. Unfortunately I could not see the tornadoes very well due to flooding rain.. In any case it was a great day. First, pic looking directly to the area of the Cumming tornado(rain rwrapped) the house directly behind me took a direct hit.



No comments: