PLEASE DON'T LET THIS CHASE BE LIKE THE NEXT!!! STRING OF GARBAGE!!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

6-07-07 Second Chase of the season. The eastern half of Iowa was under high risk. The outlook for tornadoes was very high. I started the day knowing that the storms were going to be going 50+ mph. But all things considered I decided to go for it anyways.
I started the day in Des Moines playing the I80 corridor. Should have installed a turbo charger in my truck before chasing as it turned out to be faster than I thought. I ended up 10 miles from the only storm that produced a tornado for the day, near Newton, IA., but missed it.
Chased several cells from all the way to north of Iowa City, where I intercepted to tornado warned cells.. Finally!! But of course the cells showed little chance to actually tornado. On cell near Mt. Vernon showed a little potential but produced nothing.. What an exhausting day...



No comments: